3 Days Sahara Desert Tour From Marrakech to Erg Chigaga Desert
3 days Marrakech to Erg Chigaga / Marrakech to Erg Chigaga
Erg Chigaga sahara dunes is a much younger and less-frequented destination. Erg chegaga dunes are in the southeast of Marrakech, towards the Algerian border and they’re located over 60 kilometers away from the nearest town Mhamid. The desert is somehow more vaste and wild here. Those opting for an Erg Chigaga desert tour should expect a rustic experience, without access to nearby hotels. This desert tour requires at least 3 days of travel through Ait Benhaddou, Draa valley palm groves and a rocky desert landscape before reaching the sahara dunes. The Erg chigaga desert tour is fascinating, the sahara desert trip that offer you the opportunity to ride a camel, climb sahara dunes, run the cinnamon-and-sugar sand grains through your fingers, admire picturesque views and sleep in tents or under the stars.
The other sahara dunes are Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga. Erg Chebbi dunes are more popular and reach a height of up to 150 meters in places and altogether span over an area of 50 kilometers. Hotels align on the edge of the desert, giving travelers the option of spending the night in the comfort of a traditional hotel room or in a luxury camp and then exploring the Merzouga desert and its surrounding by day.
3 Days Sahara Tour from Marrakech To Erg Chigaga :
* Duration : 3 days / 2 nights
* Departure time : 8/9 am
* Starting point : Your hotel / Riad or anywhere in Marrakech
* Ending point : Your hotel / Riador anywhere in Marrakech
Erg Chigaga Desert Tour Highlights :
* Cross high middle atlas mountains
* Beautiful views & panoramics
* Authentic Berber villages
* Ait ben Haddou Kasbah
* Dades Valley
* Zagora Desert
* Experience Camel trek
* Overnight stay at Nomadic camp
* Enjoy watching starry sky
* Wonderful sunrise & sunset in Desert
Erg Chigaga Morocco desert tour 3 Days Itinerary:
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Benhaddou – Draa Valley – Mhamid
We start our Chegaga 3 days Morocco desert tour with an air-conditioned 4×4 vehicle at 08:00am from Marrakech. We cross the High Atlas Mountains- Tizi-n-Tichka Pass driving along a scenic and picteresque area to reach the world heritage site of Ait Benhaddou, Morocco’s most famous ksar ( ksar = old village of kasbahs). Lunch will be in Ouarzazate or Agdez. The trip goes through Draa Valley with its palm trees and old Kasbahs. Night with dinner will be either in a Hotel in Zagora or under the Tent.
Day 2: Zagora – Mhamid – Sacred Oasis – Erg Chigaga Dunes
After breakfast, our Erg Chigaga desert adventure continues through the palm groves of the Draa valley . After a short break in the panoramic view of Draa palmeraie, we will have a stop at Tamgroute to visit the famous Coranic library (Closed on national and religious holidays) and an underground Kasbah, we will continue to M’Hamid, a small village – the last town and the major Draa oasis before the big wasteland of Erg chegaga sahara. Next, we continue our 3 days desert tour from Marrakech another 60 km off road from M’hamid to Erg Chegaga dune. This largest group of sahara dunes of the region reaches a height of 300 m and span on area of 40 km. Dinner and night in a berber tent camp after a 40 minutes camel trek to enjoy the golden sunset of the desert.
Day 3: Erg Chigaga Dunes – Foum Zguid – Taznakht – Marrakech
After breakfast in Erg Chegaga Bivouac, departure with 4×4 via the old Paris – Dakar race road to Foum Zguid crossing the natural dry Iriqui lake, lunch break in the berber village of Taznakht. We arrive to Marrakech at late afternoon around 6pm and you will be dropped off in your Riad.
- Private A/C Vehicle, 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser
- English/French/Spanish speaking driver during the tour
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
- Overnight in Mhamid or Zagora in a local hotel
- Camel ride to watch the sunset on the big dunes (About 1 hour)
- Overnight in Chegaga camp : Private tents with shared washing facilities
- Dinner and breakfast are daily included
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Ben Haddou kasbah, Walks Breaks for photos,..Etc
- Local guide in Ait Ben Haddou
- Absolutely shopping free tour
- Hotel in Marrakech
Additional Informations :
- Vegetarian food options are available, please let us know upon request
Confirmation will be received at the time of booking