DAY TRIP FROM MARRAKECH TO CASABLANCA
PRIVATE CASABLANCA DAY TOUR FROM MARRAKECH
Casablanca is a port city located 240 Km north of Marrakech. Take advantage of this full day trip from Marrakech to Casablanca and get a glimpse of the French colonial legacy, which is clearly visible at Casablanca’s Moorish and art deco styles blending in unique harmony. Witness the majesty of Hassan II Mosque standing tall over the Atlantic Ocean with its 210 m tall minaret.
Day Trip from Marrakech To Casablanca info :
* Duration : 1 day
* Departure time : 8 / 8:30 am
* Starting point : Your hotel/riad in Marrakech
* Ending point : Your hotel/riad in Marrakech
MARRAKECH TO CASABLANCA DAY TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
* Visit Hassan II Mosque the only Mosque in Morocco open to non Muslims
* Enjoy a walk on the Cornish of Casablanca full of modern cafes , clubs and restaurants
* Stop by the Cathedral of the sacred heart and witness its Gothic revival architecture
* Walk into the old Medina of Casablanca
* Walk to the open air market of Habous, also known as the ‘’ New Medina ’’
CASABLANCA DAY TRIP FROM MARRAKECH ITINERARY :
07H00 – 19H00 :
MARRAKECH – CASABLANCA
Meet your driver at your hotel or riad for an early pick up ( 08:h00 AM ) to Casablanca.
Enjoy a comfortable 3 hours rive via the motorway crossing the fertile Gharb plains. A stop will be made half way in a rest area before you continue to Casablanca.
Upon arrival at the metropolitan city, meet your local guide who will join you in the vehicle to start your visit of Casablanca.
First, you will head to the legendary Hassan II Mosque. As you approach, you will witness its majestic 210-meter tall minaret dominating the sky. The Mosque was designed by a French architect and took 6 years to build. The building blends the Islamic architecture and Moroccan elements.
From here, continue to the Corniche of Casablanca located at the seaside neighbourhood of Ain Diab. It is famous for hosting trendy clubs, restaurants, cafes and hotels. Enjoy a walk on the seaside, and maybe a cafe or a cup of mint tea at leisure. Your next stop will be in the Medina of Casablanca. Although it is not as old as Marrakech or Fes Medinas, a large portion of it remains residential, with its narrow streets.
From here you will continue to Casablanca city centre to visit the Cathedral of Sacred heart, which was built in the 1930s by the French colonials. Afterwards, we will head to the United Nations Place witnessing art deco buildings on the sides of the street. Then we continue to the the Arab League Square hosting the ‘’ Palais de LA Justice ‘’ You might choose to have lunch at leisure at the legendary Rick’s Café, designed to recreate the Gin joint bar in the movie classic of ‘’Casablanca’’. Just let us know at the time of your booking to reserve a table there for you.
At the end of your Casablanca visit, drive pas the fancy residential area before you take the motorway for a relaxing 3 hours ride back to Marrakech.
Your full day trip to Casablanca from Marrakech will come to an end with a drop off at your hotel or the nearest car accessible point to your riad.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO: MARRAKECH TO CASABLANCA DAY TOUR
* The journey involves 6 hours drive. Overall it is relaxing in an expressway. - Visiting the Hassan II Mosque is possible in certain hours only. We will make sure you get there by the starting time of the official visit. - The church of the Sacred Heart might not be available to visit at certain times due to cultural events going on there - Rick’s Café is famous and busy. If you wish to have lunch there at leisure, please let us know at the time of your booking in order to book a table for you.
* A/C modern vehicle driven by an English / French speaking driver Licensed local guide in Casablanca Entrance fees to Hassan II Mosque Toll fees Pick up / drop off service from your hotel / riad
* Lunch and beverages Personal expenses